Friday 18 March 2011

Happy dancing and a tra la la!





I have finished this in record time.. so off this morning to arrange for it to be framed. It is for the church I have been attending these last four years, the best part of Coventry!
I like it in all the different colour blues and His Name is Jesus in the darker colour so it stands out. I am very pleased with myself for getting it stitched in such a short time. ( I started it on 25th February)


And here is Sal Aux Bouquet all kitted up and ready to go. I am using 32C even weave in cream and the recommended DMC threads. I have down loaded the first two parts and will buy number III when it comes out. 
It is a SAL on the French web site hence the name, but I am in a SAL with Needlecraft Haven. It was planned to start on the 15th March, but I wanted to finish one of my WIPs before I started it. I might have a few things on the go but I like to finish one thing before I start another!
That way I don't feel so guilty starting some thing new even though I have others to stitch. Anyway my explanation is with a few things on the go I don't get board because I always have some thing different to stitch!
Tomorrow is  the Meet Up of the Needlecraft Haven-ers in Nuneaton so I am really looking forward to that!
Happy Stitching and aren't the spring flowers beautiful... gives me a boost when ever I see them.

9 comments:

Sue said...

It's beautiful Chris and you've stitched it so quickly, I'm sure the church will love it. Have a lovely day at your meet up and watch out for the postie as your PIF is on its way.......x

Lesleyanne said...

Congratulations on your finish. It is lovely and you got it stitched up in no time. Enjoy your new start. Have a lovely day at the meet up.

Katya said...

That is a lot of stitching to accomplish in less than a month! And the color shades look very good.

Joysze said...

Congrats on the finish! I love it, it's so beautiful and such a wonderful reminder of everything that Jesus is. I need to start this too.

Leslie: said...

Well, I don't understand any of your stitchery vocabulary, but I do love your work for the church! Wish I could do something like that. :D

Lana said...

Beautiful finish!!! What a wonderful gift to your church!! Can't wait to see progress on your new kitted project!!!

Blu said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish! What a perfect gift to give to your church.

Sally said...

Lovely finish Chris.

Looking forward to seeinf your new start :)

Hope you had a lovely day.

Karan said...

Great finish - I love the different blues, looks beautiful. You're organised for the Jardin prive SAL - I haven't even stash dived for fabric yet (been busy kitting up ornies instead). I love seeing all the Spring growth too - great lift after all thesnow we had. :0)