Friday 25 March 2011

Framed and dancing all the way!

I have framed this myself and I am very pleased with my efforts. I carefully pinned and stretched the piece of work and measured it in mm.  The frame is dark blue and really suits the stitching. Sorry about the flash on the glass but this was the best photograph  I could do. This is going to be my leaving present for the church I have been attending here in Coventry.
Thank you to Clare who told me about this frame shop in Coventry I think  I will be using it again.
Happy Stitching all



12 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Well done on your framing. It looks gorgeous.

Sue said...

It looks stunning Chris, I'm sure the church will be proud to display your lovely work......x

Babs in Alabama said...

A great job on the framing, Chris, and what a beautiful gift for the church.
hugs,
babs

Joysze said...

Great framing job. It's beautiful!

Justflo said...

Congrats on your framing. It looks good. I'm sure your gift will be appreciated.

Bette said...

Very beautiful! Great job on the framing.

amelia said...

You are a very clever lady and I wish I could do what you do!!
I'm sure your church will be thrilled!

geeky Heather said...

It's wonderful! Congratulations!

Julie said...

A wonderful piece for the church, it will be treasured, well done on the framing

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Very nice piece and lovely framing! When I frame something myself I always remove the glass from the frame, put the stitched piece and backing board in then photo it. Take it all apart and replace the glass, reframe and hang!
That way you avoid any flash and get a much nicer picture.(hopefully a useful tip for next time).
Your church will love this gift.

Aussie Stitcher said...

You did a great job with the framing, and the frame suits this piece really well.

Karan said...

Love the colours & you've done a great framing job - am sure the folks at Church are going to be delighted with it. :0)