Sunday 29 November 2009

Progress and a happy dance inspite of feeling proper poorly!!

Getting things stitched in rotation isn’t so hard once you start. I decided that I would give each piece two evenings and lo and behold I have completed loads, much more than I thought I would.
Importantly as well, not doing any exchanges this month has allowed me to work on my WIPs and I am delighted with the results.
First I must show my sock bag!Isn't it dinky, the pattern for the bag came with the sock pattern, cute or what?

These have been posted off as it is my friend's birthday December 3rd. She wears socks around the house so hopefully these will keep her toes toasty warm.


My Blue Ribbon design is beginning to look really nice. I was worried that the colours were too garish but now that I have stitch more they look fine.

And this is my Summer Celtic Lady, great excitement I have stitched some of the gold and some beads. I was like a kid with a new toy with the gold braid as the effect is instant and it shines much more than the photo shows.

And a happy dance......
I have finished my LHN Prairie Sampler in the given four weeks; I found this quite hard to stitch to order, so I am going to suggest for our LHN Travelling Stitcher Sal which is to start January 2nd that we take six weeks and then any one who finishes sooner can stitch the little needle case if they wish.


So I consider I have had a very productive week inspite of having a nasty cold, something I haven't had for years. I had forgotten how horrible it is to have a runny, red raw nose, chesty cough, cough, sore throat and ear ache! I was proper poorly on thursday and it was a real effort to do anything, even stitching, I felt that ill!!



PS Just noticed its my birthday in 20 days time and I haven't lost 4 stone since last year only 1, criky I can't eat for the next 20 days!! LOL

12 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Wow - you've accomplished so much, even when you've felt bad. Many kudos to you! They all look fantastic!

Nic said...

I love your finishes - that sock bag is so cute, it really makes the socks a super-special gift!

Lois said...

Congrats on the Praire Sampler finish, it looks great! I love the socks, especially the little sock bag they go in - that's cute! Your BRD and Celtic Lady are coming along well. Hope you get rid of that cold soon!

Lesleyanne said...

Congratulations on your finishes and getting on so well with your WIPs.

Kathy A. said...

Those are some lovely works. Love the sock bag for the socks. What a great idea!
Hope that you are feeling better soon.

Michelle said...

Wonderful work - well done. I adore the LHN one - its stunning. Sorry to hear about your cold - we all had it last week so I know how you feel. Much love Michelle x

Cath said...

Hope you're feeling better soon.
Love the socks and little bag , and can't wait to see more of your celtic lady. Well done XXX

Lindylou said...

Hi Chris

Sorry to hear of you being poorly... big hugs to you.

Well done on all your progress... I am plodding along with Celtic Spring... I am gonna leave all beads till the end this time.

Hugs

Lynn

Carol said...

All of your projects are looking good. Love the socks in a bag.

Julie said...

Lots of lovely stitching pics on here, i hope you are much better now. Fabulous little sock bag, what a cool idea.

Karan said...

Hope you are over the nasty lergy by now. You have accomplished a lot. Love those gorgeous socks & bag - wonderful gift for your friend. Good progress on the WIP's & well done on the HD! :0)
Losing 1 stone is quite an achievement. Congratulations! :0)

Anonymous said...



My blog post ... mortgages