Friday 21 July 2017

At last, they are finished, yeah!!

These black socks have caused me a lot of grief... they don't look very black photographed, but they are! I couldn't see the stitches by the light from lamps in the evenings. The leg section of one is just slightly longer than the other, because we were watching the latest's Jurassic Park film on Netflix and I hadn't realised how much I more had knitted until I had finished the heel and no way was I going to undo it!!
 

They are for DS's GF.. She suggested she'd like some for the boots she has to wear for work, but was horrified to see the brightly coloured ones I had knitted, and said she'd like black! I suppose I should knit her a second pair, I have the wool, but these were so horrible to knit, I don't think I can; I haven't liked knitting them at all!
And then because when you have loads to do, we are still unpacking and getting straight as well as doing the garden, we decided to do a jigsaw! Here it is, called The Potting Shed.

We have thoroughly enjoyed spending evenings listening to the radio and doing this. Tonight BBC4's prom concert is the film music of John William's. A few years ago we actually went to this plus other prom concerts that summer, of course my arm put a stop to that. But we are looking forward to this this evening.
I will be crocheting my blanket, 'Sunshine and showers.'
A warm summer evening, fresh coffee and a chocolate mint choc, listening to music we love, just loving being together, smiling smugly at each other now and then, over Nell lying between us on the floor, just loving everything here. What could be better than that. My heart is hop skippity hop just thinking about it! 
 
            Chris x

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Whew! Mission accomplished. Glad you got those socks over and done Chris. Nice puzzle work. Glad things are going well for you now my friend.

Julie said...

Such happiness radiating from this post Chris, I'm off to bed with a smile on my face after reading it.
I hate knitting black!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Congratulations on the socks finish. I am sure she will be delighted with these. I got a little chuckle out of your comment about the socks not being quite the same...because you were watching the new Jurassic Park. I have made such mistakes myself trying to watch TV when working on a project. I usually just listen to music any more. Love the music of John Williams. Our local classical station does a few hours one day a week. I really enjoy it. Have a great weekend! --Andrea

Sherri said...

I knitted a black scarf years ago. Never again will I knit anything using black wool. I too love listening to the radio in the evening. We don't do it often enough, I don't know why because night time t.v. offerings are often so poor.

Yarrow said...

Hello Chris, thank you for commenting on my blog, I'll visit here a lot, I think :D
We haven't moved yet, it's pretty stressful. I'm writing more about it on my Wild Woman blog.x

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I've found black frustrating to work with at times, so I can sympathise with you, Chris.