Tuesday 21 March 2017

TA-DA..Top done

 I have loved sewing this quilt. It was originally to be a picnic quilt for us but, when my DS#2 and DIL saw it, she said she'd love it for their motor home.
I still have to do a white border then of course layer and quilt, so still a lot to do. I thought I could get it done for their wedding anniversary in June.
I will have to buy the white for the border, the wadding and backing but my local shop is only a few miles away and although I am not buying anything unnecessary in Lent, this is a needed to get it done.

I am very pleased with it, each tulip is made up of 16 separate pieces, but lovely to see each one grow. It is lovely to be sewing again. And I have some new fabric I ordered before Lent, which I have already cut some with my new cutter, which works a treat.
It is so colourful and the tulips turned out a lot better than I thought. A friend who has recently started quilted complimented me on the tiny stitches and I felt really proud!!
Have you something you're proud of?
Chris x



7 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

This quit top is fabulous, and you should be proud. Good you can get back to sewing.

Vickie said...

I can feel your joy Chris!! This top is gorgeous! Well done my friend. It will make a lovely gift.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your quilt top is beautiful.

Winifred said...

That is absolutely gorgeous & what a lot of work involved piecing it. Glad you're able to sew it now.

Julie said...

The perfect spring project to be working on, its lovely.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a gorgeous quilt with such lovely cheerful colours!
I am most proud of the pieces I have designed myself for friends' weddings and babies.

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Wow - the quilt is gorgeous!! I'm happy for you!!