Friday 6 September 2013

To answer your questions/ The Fibonacci sequence

The Fibonacci sequence is 1,1,2,3,5,8,13, 21,34,55... as you can see it is adding the two previous number together and when these numbers are squared and placed along side each other they make a spiral..
But don't take my word for it but search for it, the pictures are extra-ordinary.


Search for images of the fibonacci sequence and you'll  be amazed at the photos of nature that follow this sequence.

Isn't it beautiful?
Who ever designed this was amazing!
We sing a worship song... title? 
Our  God is an Amazing God!


11 comments:

Vickie said...

It is amazing isn't it?! Have a great night.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Maths is beautiful! I love number patterns and think this is why I am attracted to cross stitch and don't like computer generated designs. There is no beauty and no flow to that type of stitching. But a traditional sampler or one of Nora Corbett and Joan Elliott's ladies? The patterns are there for all to see!

Have you ever learned about Chaos Theory and fractal patterns? They are the most amazing things to see. True beauty in maths.
Thanks for sharing these pictures today.

Jan Gartlan said...

That's incredible. What amazing spirals in those plants.

stitchersanon said...

I'm a biologist and love how nature works...maths is behind everything: musical notes, Islamic art...amazing

cucki said...

Wow so amazing :)

Caz said...

We learn something new every day. Thank you!

butterfly said...

very interesting.

Leslie: said...

I assume (and I hope) I wasn't the only one unfamiliar with this math concept. But I did look it up and understood it perfectly when I read about it. I wonder why I wasn't good at Math in school when I "get" it now?

Bernadett said...

Wonderful.:)
Thank you for the information.:)

Julie said...

So beautiful, nature is marvellous.

Stitchingranny said...

Hi Chris - Fairies is finished and waiting to be posted to you. I have emailed your yahoo address so hope to hear from you soon

Helen x