Not all blogs are back to normal and new posts of some are still not showing up on my side bar. And some that I loved have stopped, 'Jabblog,' Jan hasn't written for weeks, hope she is alright, Marie from 'Island Musings' for months, since writing that her husband had been taken ill, so that sounded awful, Djan, 'Eye on the Edge' has stopped since her partner died and 'Down to Earth' decided to stop blogging months ago, and lovely Joanne, 'Cup on the Bus' has died.. whole load of changes in the blog land we know.
They are all part of the blog world I have come to know and love. And it has made me feel sad for them all. I can't remember why I wanted to be part of blogging, and these days I don't have the same enthusiasm I used to have.
Needless to say, yes I'm feeling down. I gained weight this week, I know why, altho we have our food delivered, if we forget something, we pop out. Sometimes it is disastrous and we are tempted and give in to buy cake, altho' this time it was a Chelsey Bun, luxury yoghurts and Currant loaf!! And we ate all in the past week. Now I regret it and feel miserable.
So why do I do this.. years go I decided I was drinking too much and I would stop. And I did, and I did drink a lot every evening. How did I do that? I don't drink any alcohol these days as it affects my bladder and the burning pain is very unpleasant. So why can't I get my eating under control.
Both Dh and myself have decided this is it!! But don't hold your breath for me! However there is no rubbishy stuff in the house, so that's a good start!!
Chrisxx
11 comments:
I'm having problems with my Blogger feed. I think the blogs are on it now, but about half the time, it tells me no one has posted. Oh, well.
I too wonder about some of my blog friends from years ago. I wish I knew how to contact them another way.
I know exactly what you mean about temptations with food. It is so hard to take the weight off. I did it once with Noom but it has all crept back and some more with it.
The bloggers you mentioned were not ones I follow but there are ones I do who are getting up there in age as I am. I suppose one day (though years away I hope) it will be husband or daughter writing a message on here of my passing.
Sorry your feeling down. I put all the blogs I read on Feedly so don't have to worry about blogger any more. So far so good. I still enjoy blogging and I too have seen many people come and go. Sad to see the old ones go but happy for all the new blogger friends.
Only some of my blogs were showing up on my blog list with updates. I have noticed more have shown up in the past few days. I wish Blogger would send word out to everyone that the Blog Roll feature has been restored and maybe some of our blog friends will come back to us.
I've "lost" many blog friends over the years, but I always enjoy making new ones. Blogger seems to be updating -some but not all.
Don't get too down on yourself about the weight gain. I think stopping drinking is easier because we don't "need" alcohol. We do need food.
Sorry you are feeling a little down at the moment.
I'm finding that blogger is slowly getting back to updating lists.
Unfortunately the blogland community does change as people come and go, and it can be sad, it's a mirror of life isn't it.
Take care.
All the best Jan
Just popping in again to let you know that Janice from Jabblog is okay.
More details here
https://river-driftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/
The post is called 'She's Okay'
All the best Jan
It is sad to hear you are "down". Don't give up blogging even if only once a week or even less. Being overweight can be depressing. I have that problem and I can't fit into all my clothes. But at 84 I don't despair too much. Hope you feel brighter soon. Find the little things in life that give you pleasure.
I did a daft thing yesterday. Gave in to temptation and bought four small apple pies, because they were reduced to £1.50. I ate one last night, fancied a sweet treat. Then it was on my mind as I went to bed feeling a bit stuffed. This morning the first thing I did was scatter the remaining three pies on the garden for the birds. I felt totally in control as I chopped them up with a knife. Now one hour later they are all gone. Happy birdies.
Thank you for posting the positive info about Jabblog
Don't give up - on any of it ;) My blog list was suddenly back to normal the other day, after having been out of order for weeks. (Why the problem lasts longer for some than for others goes beyond my understanding, though.) As for weight up or down, the reasons for that don't always seem to follow logic, either!!
Post a Comment