Monday, 14 September 2026

REMEMBER!

 25 Years, since the horrendous attacks in America.. I don't think anyone reading about it this week, could not be moved by the loss of so many lives. 2977 ordinary every day citizens gone just like that.

I was teaching in a school in Billericay, so didn't know what had happened until the Head rang the school bell to summoned us to the Staff room just after 4:00pm We were advised to go home, as there were messages that London could be next.

Like everyone else when I saw it on  TV I found it hard to believe it to be real, and not a film. It was unbelievable, one thing I've always wondered how did the terrorists plan such a clever coordinated attack.. This must have been planned for months before by someone or more, who were very clever.

So to people today who complain about CCTV, Police Stops  and Strict Laws, which to some impinge on an individual's way of life, its all there to protect you and me.

Because then there were the London bombings in 2005, more lives lost, more heart ache and more restrictions and check ups where ever you went.

School trips to London for us stopped and people were scared.

Such a dreadful time for everyone.

Chrisxx 

4 comments:

Lorrie said...

It was a dreadful time. The attacks were so coordinated and well-planned. Such evil.

Lowcarb team member said...

It truly was a dreadful time.

All the best Jan

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

It was horrible. We must remember. Thank you for sharing. Warm greetings from a retired lady living in Montreal, Canada.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Such a terrible loss of life and it is right that we take time to remember all those who lost their lives and the families that are still suffering from that day.