I think I've said before I have trouble sleeping. What is awful about the lack of sleep is that it steals my days and some days I have little or no energy, so fail to do anything.
However I've come across this.....
10 Things to tell yourself before sleeping.
I did my best today and that's enough.
I am allowed to rest without guilt.
Tomorrow is a fresh start.
I am grateful for all the little moments of joy today.
I release all thoughts that no longer serve me.
I am safe, I am loved, I'm at peace.
My body and mind deserve deep rest.
I trust that all is unfolding as it should.
I let go of all stress and welcome calm.
Breath deeply and sleep.
Chrisxx
7 comments:
It's a terrible thing when you're unable to sleep, I've been through phases in the past where I can drop off but wake soon after and can't get back to sleep again. I never discovered anything which helped. I think you have to be kind to yourself, rest when you need to and try not to stress as that's just counterproductive.
Sounds good to me. Hope you have a good nights sleep. :)
It's awful when you can't sleep, most nights I go off without too much trouble but at least once a week for some reason I just lie there, at times it's been 6am before i've drifted off. It does spoil the rest of the day because even if you sleep in it's just not the same as sleeping at night.
I am always grateful for the little moments of joy I experience.
Thanks for the list.
May you sleep well tonight.
All the best Jan
Letting go is so important... especially letting go of fear of not sleeping! Now that I'm no longer teaching I no longer feel the pressure of coping with classes of children when I'm tired. I can just give myself an easy day.
I think sleep is a problem for most people as they age. I am trying to train myself out of worrying about sleep when I don't get enough. I think that only contributes to the problem.
I also find that I don't get to sleep as easily as I used to as I'm getting older. Have you heard of the evening meditations on the Our Daily Bread app/ website?
Post a Comment