I see blogs are up the spout again, which is a real pesk and the reason I gave up my other blog, and this craft blog changed to news items.
*****
Have you been watching this programme, first started in 1964 when all 12 were seven years old.
I first saw the first episode in 1979 when I was doing my Degree in Education and I've seen most of the other episodes since then.
In a way it was prejudicial, as there were 8 boys and 4 girls. 3 of the girls went to a Comprehensive in East London, and the 4th was a poor little rich girl! Of the boys, three were in a private school and came over as very upper class and snobbish.
Nick the young lad who was a farmer's son and started his school life in a one class school, became Nuclear Scientist and a lecturer in an American Anniversary. Sadly he had developed throat cancer and asked to speak for the year 70 Programme before the programme, and died three days after.
Listening to them in the first of the final episodes, what came across to me, were the regrets in their lives, as well as the joys of their achievements.
It is well worth watching and made me go through my life every 7 years to remember what I did.
If you think of your own lives, you might be surprised when you look at it every 7 years as to what you've done.
Chrisxx
6 comments:
I've not seen any of the previous ones, but wanted to watch this time, I'm the same age, I found it interesting in many ways. Life and expectations have changed over the decades, looking back over their lives with their own hopes at each 7 years made hubby and I chat over our lives.
I think Blogger has had a number of issues these last couple weeks, I couldn't see any updated posts in my sidebar, they are all there this morning though, so I suppose it's been resloved again, for now.
I've not watched 7 to 70 up yet, I watch everything on catch up so that may be next weeks viewing
I have not seen that program, but looking at my life every seven years will be an interesting exercise.
Never heard of that program but sounds interesting.
No, haven't. seen this before.
I just put all the blogs I read up on Feedly so don't have to worry about blogger anymore. :)
I have been watching this since it's inception, it's been a brilliant series. I have yet to watch this latest edition though. Gosh if I had to follow my life in seven year increments it would be so complicated, I have lived all over the UK, had 20 different address and many changes of career and jobs.
Post a Comment