Monday, 31 August 2026

Time Flies

These are Dh's twin daughters.. they visited us over the Bank Holiday weekend with their husbands and each have a child, but don't want their children in the internet, so I respect their wishes. 
 

They didn't stay with realizing we can't cope with that these days, but we met up and they ate some meals here. 

It was lovely but we are shattered and taking it very slow the rest of the week! Now approaching 36 years, they were 16 when their dad and I married, so I won't lie, but there were some 'air clearing' moments!

Chrisxx

9 comments:

Marcia said...

Was this the first visit to your place?
By "shattered" I hope you meant exhausted physically not emotionally.

Granny Sue said...

I bet it was a really nice visit. As we get older, I too am finding visitors, and visiting even, a bit wearing. Which is sad, because opportunities to be together are dwindling as time passes. I think most of my family don't see that we are aging, and confidently expect us to be the same forever! They don't see, or perhaps don't want to see, that we get tired more quickly, and no longer really enjoy long drives or staying at other houses where we have to worry about disturbing someone when we are up and down to the bathroom. I know one thing, I now understand my parents a lot better. I wish i had known when they were still living.

Live and Learn said...

Having guests are hard and it usually suits everyone well if they sleep somewhere else. It gives the hosts a rest and the guests some time to decompress by themselves.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a nice photograph of Dh's twin daughters, pleased you spent some time together.

All the best Jan

HappyK said...

A lovey picture of the twins.

Miss Merry said...

Lovely girls.

Jo said...

What a lovely photo. It's nice to get together with family, and how thoughtful of them not to expect more from you than you're able to provide.

Abby said...

Nice to have them visit, I'm sure. 16 can be a difficult age, so I imagine there's been some "air cleaning" over the years.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

How nice to meet up with the girls and their families over the Bank Holiday. It is a lovely photo of them both.