Friday, 14 August 2026

Panic!!

 We had the Nationwide alert this evening on our phones and the message came through all in Welsh!! Well, yes we're attempting to learn Welsh, but we're only just starting our 3rd year.. Oh heck what does it flipping well mean??

We recognised one of the leading words, 'gan' It's a fire alert I said, then reading through we recognised the names of towns.. I quickly switched on my laptop and searched for 'Alert' and there it was AB advising the dangers of open fires etc and  then again the Alert came through this time in English!! Phew! 

I can well understand why people in WW2 felt panicky when the Sirens sounded warning about air raids. 

So our new Prime Minister, Andy Burham has spoken to the Nation!

Gosh that sound did make us feel panicky.

What did you think?

Chrisxx

4 comments:

  1. I bet that got your heart pumping fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really made me jump before when we’ve had them we’ve had a warning first as they were testing the system. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just leaving my sisters when the alert came through, neither of us knew what it was until much later, lol. We have had wild fires in our town, it's been all over the news (Stourbridge in the West Midlands), strange but the alert didn't sound then

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was actually in a restaurant with family when suddenly everyone's phones staring sounding! The siren sound was certainly loud and it caused confusion at first and perhaps panic for some!
    However, the fires here in the UK are bad and we all need to take care.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you stopped by..I love to read your comments ..

Contact me.. chs22hk @ gmail. com without the spacing..