Its lovely to see plums on our Victoria plum tree. we had a few last year, but this year its loaded. We shall just eat them altho if there is enough, I wouldn't mind making some Spiced Plum Jam with walnuts, a favourite of mine.
It was like a perfect summer afternoon yesterday, only 20C and we've had some rain, so a lot cooler and we had our French doors open, enjoying the breeze and the sunshine.
Our beautiful 'Susan' rose continues to bloom and give us joy.
Has it cooled down where you are and have you had rain?
Chrisxx


No rain here in West Berkshire and we have another heat wave due next week.
ReplyDeleteCooler, but no rain.
ReplyDeleteIt's been raining for most of today and half of the night, and isn't it lovely to have some 'normal' Summer temperatures for a while. I can cope with the low twenties. :-)
ReplyDeleteS. W. Ontario, Canada, has had three days of wall to wall sunshine and temps feeling like the low 30"s when the humidity is factored in. Cloudy this morning and forecast of thunder storms and rain for the next two days, then back to sunshine and temps hotter again.
ReplyDeleteYay, I found a workaround and can now visit your blog!
ReplyDeleteWe had lovely cool weather for two days, now we're expected to get back to the 90s (F) for the next few days.
Nice job with the shoe clearing! I need to cull some things from my closet
Good for. you getting that sorting out done!! Glad you have plums again. Sorry to say plums is something I just don't like. :)
ReplyDeleteIt is cooler here, and we have had just enough rain thank goodness. I have been following the heat and drought in England, just sounds terrible.
ReplyDeleteIt has been cooler today but rain would be most welcome.
ReplyDeleteThat is a lovely rose.
All the best Jan
Warming here so put the portable AC units on.
ReplyDeleteSpiced Plum jam sounds good to me although I'd leave out the walnuts ( I'm not a fan). It remains very hot here with no rain in sight. I'm looking forward to September!!
ReplyDeleteStill no rain here in the Midlands, although it has been somewhat cooler, which is nice. I'm in a sorting out mood too, I tackled our pantry yesterday, next on the list are my wordrobes. It does clear the mind having a sort out.
ReplyDeleteLook at those plums! I recently cleaned up my shoes and installed a shoe rack. Now, I can see what I have instead of a pile in the bottom of my closet.
ReplyDelete