Thursday 26 March 2015

Proper poorly

I am trying to think happy thoughts but in this last week I have had a horrible cough.
It started a week last Sunday (Mothering Sunday) and progressively got worse and worse. By Wednesday it had turned into a full blown cold and I was miserable. I haven't felt this ill for years. But on the afternoons when I felt slightly better I got on with my stitching.. and of course DH waited on me hand and foot! But although I was ill I didn't lose my appetite and so welcomed all the meals and even a cake (oh dear naughty but nice!) Yesterday was the first day I went out.. I went into town to the library as I a book ordered  was in, but it wasn't there.. and to be honest I had really struggled to walk the length of the High St; it was the first walking I had done all week so my legs felt heavy and unresponsive! It was  a struggle to walk back to the car and I just drove home, thankful to sink back into my arm chair!
Hopefully I will be raring to go sooooon!


XX


12 comments:

Jacqueline Morris said...

Awe....poor you :(
Sending lots of happy smiles your way to help you feel better.
Hope your feeling better soon and stitching is good, takes your mind off things. ;)
Take it easy, when you have been unwell it does knock you for six, so take it slow....
Take care now
Smiles :)

Jacqueline Morris said...

Awe....poor you :(
Sending lots of happy smiles your way to help you feel better.
Hope your feeling better soon and stitching is good, takes your mind off things. ;)
Take it easy, when you have been unwell it does knock you for six, so take it slow....
Take care now
Smiles :)

Theresa said...

Feel better my friend! Sending HUGS and PRAYERS across the miles!

Vickie said...

So sorry you have been ill Chris. Glad you are on the mend though.

Katya said...

Oh my Chris, sounds like you need to build up your strength after that cough and cold ordeal.. Take care of yourself.

Cath said...

Hope you feel better soon Chris . Take care xxx

cucki said...

Happy smiles for you :)

Unknown said...

Chris, sorry to hear you have been poorly. My husband has had a nasty cough for a couple of weeks. It really makes you feel down doesn't it. Hope you feel better very soon. xx

Linda said...

Hope you get to feeling better real soon Chris.

Linda

Faith... said...

Hope you feel better soon, though it is nice to be waited on occasionally!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Chris, sorry you are feeling poorly. Hope you feel better soon.

Julie said...

{{get well hugs}} for you Chris, I hope you are well on the mend now.
xxx