Sunday 15 March 2015

Gifted gorgeousness SAL

Gifted GorgeousnessIt's the 15th of the month so time to reveal what my gifted gorgeous piece is going to be... and it is..

My fairies at the Bottom of Our Garden!! It's a beautiful chart gifted to me by Cath.
I saw it on someone's blog, fell in love with it and asked if anyone had it. Cath knew it was in a magazine and searched and searched through her pile and sent it to me.
I have started it and at the last time it looked like this... bit creased as it is linen.
So I will have two larger designs as my wips, so I think I best choose a 'small' along side as my 'squares' are nearly finished and will be my March OPAM!



It's Mothering Sunday here today, I have had three cards although I have four grown up children but one son hasn't spoken to me for a few years, who knows why?? I don't!
But I do find it very hurtful as my own mother died when I was two, and in all my growing up years.
 I longed for a mother.. but here I am a mother and a grandmother, and a fairly rounded person so I survived.. but how I cried as a small child and wished and wished...
 
 
Christine xx

9 comments:

Theresa said...

Beautiful work! I will pray that your Son will give you a call or come for a visit:) Life is too short! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Jacqueline Morris said...

What a beautiful design.... I look forward to seeing more...
Happy Mother's Day :)
Smiles :)

Linda said...

Beautiful design Chris.

Linda

Una said...

Hi Christine,I'm sure you have still enjoyed your day,I know sometimes things can be really tough on us especially when you love someone,but at the end of the day it's them who lose out not you,as you are feeling so upset I'm sending you a big Hug and lots of kisses,speek soon...xxxUna.xxx🌺🌹🌸.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
Fairies is such a lovely design, I stitched part of it for a very unique round robin.
Glad that three of your children sent cards but sorry the fourth one is estranged from you. Who knows what the future may hold?

Justine said...

Beautiful stitching Christine. Is it a Joan Elliott? I think I remember seeing it in a magazine.
Sorry to hear about your son. That must be very hard. Hope you enjoyed Mother's Day anyway xx

Julie said...

A lovely design.
Families ...we each have cross to bear regarding them.
{{love and hugs}} x

Faith... said...

Your piece is looking lovely! Can't wait to see more of it stitched up. Hope your Mother's Day was good. Sorry to hear about your son - hopefully he will come around one day - soon!

Helen said...

Hi Christine, I am back in blogland (although with a new blog at wordpress) after about 2 years and it was wonderful to find you again and see you are now stitching fairies at the bottom of my garden. I hope it gives you as much pleasure to stitch as it gave me when I did mine. I look forward to seeing more of your lovely blue china design as it grows. Helen