Monday 20 October 2014

Crab apple jelly?

Our little crab apple tree is loaded again this year even though I chopped the top off the year before last, as it was hanging over the path.
We have left them to really ripen on the tree this year so they are really red.
So we will have rosy coloured jelly again this year.
It is very tasty with cold meats and a roast lamb dinner.
I have had a busy time last week. Dh has been away all week in Jakarta on a job, so I have had to walk the dog, not something I usually do, but surprisingly I have enjoyed it.
And it is helping with my weight loss, which is going down slowly, oh so slowly!! But each pound adds up and although I don't think I look as though I have lost 16 pounds since last February, my clothes are loser and  I can wear skirts and tops which were too tight beginning of this year.
I met DH off the train wearing a straight skirt which was much too tight to wear last spring... yeh!
Only 9 weeks till Christmas so I will be making Christmas cake this week. Don't you love the smell of it cooking in the house.
I love Christmas!
Happy days to all
xx
 
 

14 comments:

Julie said...

Well done on the weight loss Chris. Perhaps you could keep up the walks this week now DH is back as well lol.
I bought all my ingredients to make my cake this week too ... I wonder if i'll get it done, the days seem to be far too short recently.
love and {hugs}xx

Vickie said...

Chris! I am so happy to hear that you are walking the dog. I KNOW Nell loves it! Now just because your husband has returned, don't stop. Join them!!

Theresa said...

YUM, reminds me of my childhood:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

gracie said...

good for you with the weight loss. I have never had crab apple jelly but it sounds like it would be delicious on English muffins too.

Poppypatchwork said...

I have to make my cake,and also love the smell of the spices in the house all day

Winifred said...

Oh yes the pounds come off slowly but it's the best way to lose it. Gives your body & your skin time to adjust. Nothing better than finding clothes you couldn't wear now fit you.

My daughter threw out all her clothes that were too large so she couldn't wear them again.

Congratulations & keep it up.

Frances said...

What a lovely tree!

aimee said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! Awesome work:) Mmm. I don't think I've ever had crabapple jelly, but it sounds quite good--too bad our crabapple is an ornamental tree only :(
Have fun making your Christmas cake! Is it fruitcake?
Blessings,
Aimee

cucki said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cucki said...

Oops..
I love apples so much xx

Mii Stitch said...

Congrats on your weight loss, it's fantastic news!
A bet your dog was also delighted to have you for a walk :)
Never tried crab apple jelly but it sounds yummy!!

Kate said...

Well done with the weight loss Chris, always a boost to be able to wear clothes that have had to be relegated.

Unknown said...

Hola, acabo de ver tu blog y me quedo como seguidora , te dejo la dirección del mio por si quieres seguirme, SALUDOS
maitedecopart.blogspot.com.es

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Hi there, I found you whilst blog hopping :) Crab apple jelly sound really yummy :) Well done on your weight loss, I know that battle far too well!!
Would be lovely to see you over at emeraldcottage.blogspot.co.uk
Jillxo