Monday 21 July 2014

Put on your dancing shoes and dance with me.... tis finished!!!

At last I have this quilt finished.
I started it April 2013 and then stopped to make a quilt for my grand daughter; then I started it again and by October it was finished.
But I left layering it and quilting while I made a quilt for my step daughter's wedding present.
 

So now is the only time I have had.. I have had it professionally quilted and isn't it beautifully done.

The design is 'Twin Stars'  by Pam and Nicky Lintott ( a mother and daughter team) and can be found in their book 'Jelly Roll Quilts.'  The fabric I used is 'French General' design by Moda.
I am very pleased with the finish and I think this one is going to be for us!
I have a new quilt on the go, this time for my eldest GS and then one is planned for my DD who has a big birthday coming up in September.. I must say I do love quilting it is so satisfying and through it I have met some lovely friends.
xx
 

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely Finish.

cucki said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwwww
its so beautiful..well done dear.
big hugs x

Mii Stitch said...

Fantabulous finish Chris!! Congrats, it looks beautiful :)

Vickie said...

Beautiful Chris! Good for you. I need to make a quilt this year yet!

Julie said...

Speculate finish child, it's gorgeous.
I'm off to a quilting beginners day later this month, can't wait to give it a go.

aimee said...

Love it--it's absolutely gorgeous!
Blessings,
Aimee

valerie said...

Gorgeous quilt Chris!

Leslie: said...

It is truly beautiful...may I ask, when you use it on your bed, do you put it on top of a duvet and actually use it for warmth?

Jay said...

It's beautiful Chris, really pretty.

Annette-California said...

Gorgeous Chris! Wow its stunning.
You did super well:)
love Annette

Anonymous said...

Hello

A beautiful finish - congratulations x

Shebafudge said...

Looks gorgeous! Congratulations. x

Penny said...

What a beautiful quilt! Congratulations! Love the fabrics that you used ~ pretty colors!

P.J. said...

Beautiful! Love the colors...