Thursday 16 January 2014

Wa-hoooooooo I did it!

So here is it, my Skywalker shawl. The section with the round holey bits called in this pattern planet stitch caused me such stress I undid it 6 times!!
And this is supposedly an easy pattern lacy shawl for a beginner!!
I am pleased with my efforts and am going to attempt a more complicated pattern
 
This edging was knitted side-wards on to the main body of the shawl. It started off with 4 stitches casted on and then as you knitted the edging pattern, you added in one or two stitches of the main body of the shawl, hence using them up!
It does look better once it is blocked out, the tutor  was right!
Bring on the next pattern, I think I could knit anything now after this!!
 

12 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful work Chris, well done!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

That looks absolutely gorgeous

Vickie said...

Wow! Love it! Listen to you. Bring it on!! ;)

KimM said...

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous!! Well done -

butterfly said...

Just beautiful Chris , and very pretty.

Caz said...

Lovely,,, what yarn did you use?

Linda said...

Gorgeous shawl Chris.

Linda

stitchersanon said...

looks lovely Chris, well done xx

geeky Heather said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's a major accomplishment...and I gotta tell you, it doesn't look like a beginner pattern to me!! Blocking lace is just magic, isn't it? =)

geeky Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terri said...

It's beautiful!

Winifred said...

It really is lovely. Brilliant colours! Congratulations I'm sure you'll love wearing it and it will go with everything.