Thursday 16 January 2014

Tis me!

To answer some of the questions.
I used
 
Araucania Botany Lace knitting yarn Colour #1948
100g :
Length 410m  (448 yds)
 
 
It feels really warm and I have worn it all day. I had a choir rehearsal this afternoon and wore it there too!
I am knitting a pair of socks for my youngest GS but do intend to make a different pattern shawl and one that is a lot bigger. This morning I went searching for some circular needles that I had off an aunt and found an old stitching/knitting magazine dated 1991 and low and behold it had a huge section on knitting lace shawls!
I can't wait to start another one.
 

10 comments:

Vickie said...

Excellent! You look great with it. ;)

Beth said...

Looks vey nice on you!!

Jennifer Hays said...

Aw, look at your pretty face. The scarf is lovely and it looks great on you.

Mii Stitch said...

A real sweetie! It suits you just fine :)

Julie said...

WOW.. well done Chris, it looks superb.
Loving the Cut through too, lots to keep you busy.

butterfly said...

Looks great , it will keep your neck nice and warm.

Winifred said...

Lovely colours and a pretty pattern too. Once I put a woolly scarf on I can't take it off until I go to bed. They're so cosy!

Leslie: said...

It's gorgeous and you look lovely wearing it.

Shirlee said...

It, & you, look lovely : )

Catherine said...

Catching up on posts ~ love your shawl, it turned out wonderfully....oh how I could use one or two of those with the weather we've been having!