Monday 2 September 2013

Look what the birds gave us!


 Feeding the birds we often get seeds that seed themselves and grow in the garden. I pull them up, but DH asked that this one could grow
And isn't it a magnificant flower?
A beautuful sunflower and if you are into maths or a teacher you will know that this seed head follows the fibonacci sequence of numbers.
Some thing I taught and grew sunflowers just to demonstrate the sequence in my teaching days.

I am glad DH said to let this one grow, it is a sight to behold each morning.
. Don't you wonder how such a huge flower can grow from such a small dropped seed?
The beauty of nature can't be beaten and it's all a gift from God.

Happy Days everyone xxx

15 comments:

cucki said...

Aww and it is truly so pretty :)
Happy day hugs x

Vickie said...

What a nice, happy "gift"! Have a great day Chris.

Shirlee said...

I love sunflowers & this one is a beauty : ) I'm familiar with the fibonacci sequence of numbers but I'm not catching on to how it applies to this sunflower. Please clarify : )

KimM said...

Wow! What a gift - gorgeous!

Sandie said...

Unfortunately most of what the birds "leave" ends up on my patio, and usually appears to be grass! What a lovely cheery sight!

Beth said...

I love sunflowers. They are so bright and cheerful!

Leslie: said...

I did not know that about the number sequence so looked it up. Maybe now I can do some of those mensa math puzzles! lol That is certainly a wonderful gift the birds gave you. At Jaclyn's wedding there was a garden full of sunflowers that helped make the day spectacular!

butterfly said...

Beauty, I have one on my blog to that came from a bird seed.

Caz said...

Beautiful flower,, but like Shirlee said, how does the number thingy work with it?

Emma/Itzy said...

Sunflowers are my favourite, I used to love growing them as a kid.

Julie said...

Nature is magnificent isn't it.

stitchersanon said...

Beautiful...very pretty

ALICE MARGAUX said...

beautiful flower, bright yellow. enjoy , sunny kisses from Rio, Alice

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely sunflower :)

Anonymous said...

nice sunflower, thank the birds!