Tuesday 13 August 2013

Is this just another ordinary day?



Some times I feel it is just another day, an ordinary day and it would be easy to sit back and let it happen. But every day is precious so .......

.... I make a list, well several lists

What to do today

Extra jobs

Long term jobs

For my DH!!

And in two days I have managed to do several extra jobs, emptied and cleaned the fridge; cleaned the up high tiles in the bathroom;  tidied and bagged all my patch work fabric in colour order, and put them in a very large under bed drawer; sorted and tidied a long narrow cupboard with 5 shelves, where we keep spare toiletries and medical supplies and our First Aid zippy bag for holidays and a First Aid kit for the car.

I have also made up a clean bed in our other double bedroom for us.. I thought we'd have a change. This bedroom faces east so we will have the morning sun to greet us; what more could we want?

So I feel good and give thanks for the energy to do these tasks, that the washing has dried and is fresh from the breeze, for my DH who made my lunch and is planning a dinner for us. 
Although some of the flowers are going over early this summer, the heat and lack of rain being the cause of this.. it is still pretty and colourful.

 We have a green house bursting with tomatoes, shiny and ripening, I look and think I did this from small seeds and I had a wonderful sense of living so I stopped and said a prayer. I didn't do God did..... Taking a breath for this pause worthy moment.. life is filled with them.. thanks be to God. Such precious moments that occur daily and in a breath are gone.


You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on a stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men. that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Matthew 5. 14-1



6 comments:

Vickie said...

Thanks Chris. You definitely have the right attitude. I need to work on mine, I admit.

cucki said...

Happy fat to you dear :)
Sweet hugs x

Anonymous said...

A lovely post Chris!
Hope you continue to have a good week (:

Shirlee said...

A beautiful post Chris! Congratulations on getting so many things accomplished! I fear I put things on lists & just look at them for what could possibly be weeks at a time. I know, shame on me. I am really in awe of you : ) Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Leslie: said...

You sure have more energy than I have right now. Lorne had surgery today and my daughter gets married on Sunday. Should I laugh or should I cry? Sometimes I wonder, but the good Lord keeps me going and up on my feet. Thanks be...

Julie said...

A beautiful post Chris, your tomatoes look huge.