Tuesday 30 July 2013

An amazing new way of life

I have given up on Slimming World, that firm has been having a fiver a week from me for nearly 5 years and yes I have lost weight, but on holidays and high days I put it back on.. but I have now seen this, read the book and it really, really does work.

We went to Leeds for a three day break three weeks ago, well even before we were packed, I was in holiday mode and made a luscious Cherry Bakewell tray bake the weekend before we went.
We ate it nearly all that weekend, but when you're on holiday you can, that's what holidays are for, aren't they? And I like to enjoy my food when I am on holiday. You might say, 'you hadn't gone yet' but in my mind I was... and  I was already looking forward to some non diet days.. whoopee  I thought I can have chips and cake when we're away. I did and ate well the two days before we went and the three days when we were away and indeed the evening we arrived home, we had to have fish and chips, after all we were tired from our journey and who wants to cook after a day of travelling?

The scales the next day showed a gain of 4 1/2 pounds. It had taken me weeks of trying to lose that!
A friend had told us about this 5/2 diet. Eat for 5 days and fast for 2.. On the fast days women can eat 500cals and men 600cals.. You are not as hungry as you might think. We have a breakfast of  just under 200cals and an evening meal of 250cals and the rest we use for milk and a piece of fruit. I have dropped in weight and lost that 4 1/2 pounds right away and last week I lost 3.. so at last I have found some thing that works and it is reported to be healthy.. On non fast days we have had  cherry chocolate brownies and something I always denied myself  Tesco's luxury coleslaw and eaten normal meals. Strangely  we have not gorged ourselves although we have noticed we don't eat as much at meal times. The fasting days were not as hard as I thought although because we always have a lot of fruit it wasn't so much tempting, but I had to remember I couldn't just reach for a banana or pear as I past the fruit bowls! I nearly forgot yesterday as we are fasting Mondays and Thursdays. So far it has been very good. I can see the light at the end of my nightmare tunnel of being obese and all the illnesses that goes with that!

Look it up on Face Book or find the horizon programme that Dr Michael Mosley made and watch it.. it will change your life, if like me you have been over weight and struggling to lose it. I can see summer days in a dress that isn't a tent! I am no longer going to be this shape.. hurrah!!

xxx

9 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the weight loss Chris. I am ginormus and decided I was ready to lose weight. I quit eating bread, potatoes, candy and ice cream. I have lost 24 lbs in about a month.

Linda

Vickie said...

Chris I am so very, very happy for you. Do you think you could keep this up long term? I will watch you for a bit, then tell my mother who is now diabetic and has been obese a very long time. She is NOT good at giving things up. She refuses actually.

Elisa said...

Hi Chris, I'm wondering if this may be good for me, I'm going research it being diabetic. We'll done on the weight loss xx

Mii Stitch said...

Congrats for your weight loss!! I might have to look into this... I've been on salad days for weeks & my scales seems to be stuck on the same old number :)

cucki said...

congrats on the weight loss dear...
sending you big hugs x

Shirlee said...

Congratulations on the weight you've lost so far & best of luck with continuing the diet! I am struggling with the scales too. They should be outlawed. Them & mirrors ... lol!

Jay said...

Good luck with the 5/2 diet, I have a friend who swears by it. Keep us informed n how it goes.

Julie said...

There was a discussion of the radio the other day about this. God luck with it Chrs. Xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I work in a bookshop and this 5/2 is the latest craze, there are so many books on it. It's the 50 Shades of 2013! The key to success is to eat sensibly on the five days rather than the fasting on the two days.
The approach is also being considered for other life style changes, eg drinking less, watching less TV. People find it easier to give things up for just two days than altogether.

Congrats on the weight loss, remember stitching burns 86 calories per hour and it is not advisable to eat and stitch at the same time or you get stains on your fabric LOL.