Monday 13 May 2013

Anniversaries of the Heart and Cup cake.

Voila! I have finished another one of my Blackbird Anniversaries of the Heart.
This one has my eldest son's date of birth and his initials.
 
 
I am very pleased with it especially as some of the floss wasn't the set colours but I just matched up the colours.. this because I have a lot of Cresent Colours and Weeks Dye Works that I bought ages ago.
So I now have all three sons completed and next one will be with my daughter's name and dates.
I am doing these in family groups, so this one will be my four children.
 
And this is my cup cake pin cushion. I used some pretty pink colours and bows.
I have seen them with beads dangling but I thought enough is enough!
 
 
I finished it off with a Suffolk puff  ( yoyo ) and a pearly button.
 
It was a very pleasent afternoon sewing.
Hope you too have had enjoyment from some nice things to make.
My next project is going to be some crochet work.
             Chris xx

15 comments:

Vickie said...

What a sweet cupcake! I love your AOTH piece. I have all of those charts, the linen and the floss!! They have been waiting a long time.

Jennifer Hays said...

Lovely makes, Chris. Thanks for sharing.

blue star stitcher said...

What a cute pincushion,that looks like it took more skill than I have in the sewing department, nice work!

Katya said...

Hi Chris,
Love the stitching! The pearl-colored border on the left blends in with the fabric a little on the pic - but I am sure it looks perfect "live."
Thank you for sharing, and have a good week!
Katya

Kay said...

Beautiful work. I am a Blackbird Designs lover too. I also collect pincushions so really liked your other piece too.

Beth said...

You do beautiful work Chris!

Julie said...

Super stitching, what a lovely idea to have the children together on one piece. Cute pincushion.

Anne said...

Beautiful progress on AOTH!! Love your little cupcake too!

Fiona said...

Your AoH looks really pretty. Cute and fat free cupcake.

Shirley said...

Hi Chris, We always have something waiting on us. I keep trying to finish one project at a time. I had a very busy weekend with family so enjoyable. Even fit seeing hubby and took him pictures of the boys riding their horses. I just stopped by to see what you were working on and how you were doing. Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Prayers from your Missouri Friend.

Vicki said...

Hi, Chris,
You have been very busy with your beautiful stitchery! Your cupcake pincushion is cute as can be!! I love the yo-yo added on top! I hope you have had a wonderful weekend. Enjoy your week ahead, sweet friend! Vicki

Shirlee said...

Very pretty!

Annette-California said...

What a fantastic idea to stitch in groups for family! I love all your stitching Chris. Your sampler is looking so pretty.
Great cupcake pincushion. love Annette

Anonymous said...

you do a wonderful job on all you do Chris..... so pretty in all of it...... love all the colors in the granny square and all....
Marge

Jan Gartlan said...

Such a beautiful sampler and so lovely you can personalise it