Tuesday 26 June 2012

My Garden

I love my garden, I spend  a lot of time, effort and money on it, although most of my plants are grown from seed.
It was quite  a challenge
 to get it all planted up before we went on holiday and I did worry about it when we were away. in case it hadn't rained and it all dried up, but as you can see it flourished.
This is my main flower border and faces south so can get very hot and dry

The tree in the middle is a damson tree bought in 2005 from 'Woolies' and it is loaded again this year so another feast of jams and wine, which DH makes.
The little water feature called 'Gladys' works and the trickle of water is a very pleasing sound.


The other side has a small veg plot, we have had courgettes already and a few stawberries.
It's not big, but just enough for us.
The christmas tree looks as though it is growing out of the chimney!

The beans are already flowering so a nice feast is promised there!
We love sitting out in it for our morning coffee, lunch and tea breaks. We even have breakfast some mornings in the sun and loving every minute.
It is our little corner of heaven!

Chris xx

8 comments:

stitchersanon said...

Beautiful. All we need is a glass of pims and it would be like we were there with you xx

Leslie: said...

It's lovely! And I, too, enjoy sitting on my patio for brekkie or lunch.

Clare-Aimetu said...

It's beautiful Chris, obviously through a lot of hard work.

Laurel's Quill said...

Isn't it wonderful to have a little retreat right in your own back yard!. Very nice, Chris.

Julie said...

Your main border is stunning, so many pretties.

Catherine said...

Such lovely gardens!

Anne said...

I love your garden too! Looks so beautiful and peaceful!!

Carol said...

Fabulous, what a lovely garden, it does look heavenly.
Carol xx