Monday 21 November 2011

A happy dance!

This was an easy design, a Bothy Thread 'Poppies,' that I fancied doing with my other more intricate WIPs.. Now finished I have decided to finish one of my other WIPs to get it finished before Christmas.

This was all part of my Autumn promises to finish something and so I am well on the way to keeping those promises..
The garden promises were completed right away, I also completed 8 Christmas ornies for friends.. to be shown when they have all been received and of course the applique book cover for my friend's birthday. I didn't buy anything to extend my already too big a stash but I am afraid I did give in and bought some books..although some were crochet books from 'The Works,' a publishers outlet so quite cheap and in fact cheaper than magazines.
Our home has been very christmassy this last week, with yet another cake cooked, two puddings steamed in the slow cooker (had to buy a new one,  my other went phut!) and me playing Christmas carols for my church's Christmas Carol Service. I must be mad to take on yet something else!! Still it has been a very Christmasy here.

Happy days all

Chris  xx

13 comments:

Giovanna said...

She's so sweet! Congratulations!

Kate said...

Congratulations on a lovely finish.

Zoe said...

I love it- love the poppies- congrats on the finish!

Sue said...

Lovely finish Chris, beginning to feel Christmassy here too.....x

Leslie: said...

I was just thinking yesterday that I'll have to start putting out the Christmas decorations soon. Love this poppy stitching. :D

Sarah said...

Such a sweet finish - congrats!

Julie said...

Beautiful finish.
Cake made here too, that is one thing I have done for Christmas.

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous finish. Look forward to seeing the ornies you have made.

TammyK said...

Congrats on your finish Chris!

Carol said...

Hi Chris, love your poppy girl, fabulous design. I've taken up my cross stitch needle again, I'd forgotten how relaxing it is.
Looking forward to seeing your 'ornies'.
Carol xx

Joysze said...

Congrats on the finish. She's so pretty. :D

Melanie said...

Congrats on finishing!! She's super pretty. :)

Stitchabilities said...

Lovely!!
We have a bought cake *hangs head in shame * If I made one I would want to eat it!!