Sunday, 10 April 2011

I've caught the patchwork bug!!

I am amazed that I found these two cushions covers so easy .... but I have found the reason.
Accurate measuring and cutting and using a 1/4 inch machine foot!!
I've used the bright fabric I bought for a throw for the conservatory settee. Not everyone's colour choice but they were meant to be bright for our patio chairs.
The top one is made using squares and rectangles and the other is a log cabin pattern.
I choose these patterns to practice my cutting out and accurate stitching and it has certainly paid off, as I am a lot more confident in matching up corners and seams!

This was all from one session at a quilting and patchwork class, which I thoroughly enjoyed and intend to go to each week once we move here permanently.
It less than a ten minute drive from my home and she sells fabric and wools, a verity Aladins cave!
I think I have caught the patchwork bug and now feel confident enough to attempt a bed size quilt!

11 comments:

Julie said...

Fabulous, well done!

Super socks and WIP's in the post below too

Melanie said...

I LOVE the colors! :)

Lana said...

Beautiful!!!

Justflo said...

Gorgeous colours. Well done

crochet lady said...

Very sweet! I like the pink and green combo in the last piece.

amelia said...

Pink and green have been my favourites since I was a kid!
You are a clever lady..

Rachael xxx said...

They are gorgeous, Well done

Elisa said...

What pretty cushions...I love the colours...so summery!

Blu said...

What a fun way to practice blocks and get use out of them too!

Elisa said...

sent you an email in regard to that needleroll chart xx

Carolyn NC said...

Beautifully done!b