Tuesday, 13 April 2010
Some quiet after a stress time!
So back home we have tried to put it behind us and enjoy the spring sunshine.
The whole thing made me think of how precious quiet times can be.
I came across this saying and thought how true it is...
“When you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” ~ Victor Hugo
And then I got to thinking about 'quiet'
The Greek word used for "quiet" is....
*to rest, cease from labor
*to lead a quiet life, said of those who are not running hither and thither
And so these are my 10 things to enjoy.. R&R
1. Enjoy the life God has given and never let anyone take the joy out of it.
2. Enjoy a weekly day off
3. Schedule in ‘day dreaming time’
4. Enjoy friendships where you can be your real self and laugh.
5. Get together with a friend and share the deep things going on in your life.
6. Enjoy the outdoors.
7. Enjoy sleep.
8. Choose to make decisions by goodness rather than fear of the bad.
9. Enjoy God's blessings there are many we take for granted.
10. Have a set time to be with God each day.
Today the sun is shining and I am laughing from the bottom of my soul, all is well in my world regardless of that family, thank God its not mine!