Thursday, 29 January 2009
Today I have some ironing to do of tops and shirts so they can be packed next week.. our suit cases are ready and waiting!!
Monday, 26 January 2009
Saturday, 24 January 2009
Friday, 23 January 2009
A variety of lettuces and Antirrhinums and Evening Primrose and then there is floss and ribbon.
Thank you Nic I am delighted
Wednesday, 21 January 2009
But a girl's gotta have lots to choose from!!
I backed it with this pretty fresh looking fabbie that I had in my quilting stash which I think matches the colours perfectly
I hadn't added any little gifts because it said not to but I was devastated to see that lots of exchanges had included some little extras. I do hope my partner didn't mind.
I am up to date with exchanges at the moment, so I am stitching my BP sal this evening as after my false start I have done none at all!
Tuesday, 20 January 2009
All my daffodils are up and some tulips so I hope they will be all flowering by the time we get back from Australia. I have chicken wire covering them all to deter the b----- cats and squirrels who love to dig up bulbs and eat them. It was like my knee was back to how it was before arthritis had rended it too painful to do much... wonderful for me I have had such a lovely day out there and tonight as there are no flowers to photo I have taken a shot of the three star balls my daughter gave me for christmas. You can't see in the photo but they have tea lights in side each one and shine out through the star cut out shapes. I love them!
Wednesday, 14 January 2009
Its a Victoria Sampler freebie
For Sue I choose this .....
And for Kath something in pink... this was stitched in a variety of cross stitches.
I loved stitching all three and included some little pressies with each one....
Good luck with your own PIF s girls!
Sunday, 11 January 2009
Friday, 9 January 2009
Wednesday, 7 January 2009
Monday, 5 January 2009
We all watched as they skipped up the fencing and right up to the kitchen window and looked in!
It was delightful to watch them both as they scurried around the garden and both feeding on the bird table at the same time..so our Mr Squirrel has got himself a Mrs!
Spring is in the air it seems!
PS I was able to change my header pic.... Hurrah!!
Friday, 2 January 2009
And don't you love number 45, Life is a gift.....
Written By Regina Brett, 90 years old, of The Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me.
It is the most-requested column I've ever written. My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here goes:
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument, agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone, it's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God, He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay cheque
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry
13. Don't compare your life to others, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye, but don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath, it calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood, but the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie, don't save it for a special occasion. today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick, your spouse, children, family and friends will: Stay in touch.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. you already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Whooooeeee I fixed it although I still can't alter the pic in my header, but I am working on that....anyone any ideas?